DOUBLE NEON LIGHT SWITCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone new to this site.
I have a double light switch in my garage - 1 for the garage light and the other for the manual outside light, I would like to replace the switch for a double switch that has at least 1 neon light that will show me if the outside light is on, is there such a switch and if so where will I get one?

Sponsored Links
not sure if you can get the kind of switch that gives the operation you want but then again i may be misunderstanding the post.

can you not just buy a single switch for one light and a single switch with neon for the other light? suppose that depends on the layout of what you've got.

have a look on the rs website or catalogue. you may see what your after because there stock is extensive!

Sponsored Links
I think they do a 10A or 20A DP grid switch

edited, tee hee, I was right :LOL:

MKK4891.JPG

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4896.html

edited again - sorry, I now realise what you meant :oops: still it's only a garage, no harm in poking an extra bit of wire through the hole in the wall and back to the switch in a bit of mini-trunking.

Thanks everyone, seems there is no such beast in the uk. I did buy one in Portugal that did seem the very thing I needed but unfortunately when wired in it uses the principal that one light must be on before the second switch can be used?

Have a look behind your switchplates and see what wires come in and go out, and report back please. If it is easy to get at, see what wires go into the connector of your outside light too.

I don't doubt it can be done, but you will need to work out the wiring diagram. Using those gridswitches you can clip in switches and neons to whatever combination you desire.

If nothing else, it could be done by running a wire back into the garage from the outside lamp, but I would be surprised if that was necessary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back