Double or triple socket branch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning on installing a new toilet situated directly beneath my bathroom, so I am planning on cutting into the existing soil stack and fitting a new branch. The soil stack runs straight into to concrete floor. I don't know how far the stack goes down before it reaches the clay pipe. From what I have seen online, I was planning to use a triple female socket branch but a lot of these sites usually only stock the ones with a socket on the top and the side I assume for the bottom the to slip into an up facing socket from the soil stack. I can't see this being practical for my job for the following reasons;

1. I can't slip the branch into the hole in the floor unless I can guarantee I can get the bottom of the stack out of the concrete. I won't know this until I cut the section of soil stack out.

2. I am limited on how high the branch can stand due to the height of the toilet waste outlet. I'm assuming no more that 3 inches maybe.

I was thinking I would cut the stack a couple of inches from ground level and fit the bottom socket over the stack.

Are there any disadvantages of using a triple socket branch?

The only thing I can think of that it might be more prone to leakage due to the socket facing down.

My soil stack is plastic 110mm and I'm planning on using push fittings not solvent weld. I will also be using a slip coupler further up.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back