double oven and induction hob wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, I am changing my kitchen and installing a built in double oven 5.3 kw with an induction hob 5.6kw, my old cooker wiring supply is 6mm from CU via a 32A mcb cable length to cooker switch with socket is 6m.
My question is can I use the same cooker switch and cable for my new cooker and hob which will both be within 1m of the cooker switch.
Thanks
bigjag :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi

Run a new 6mm feed for one of the other appliances - much better. As far as I am aware, diversity applies to single ovens - not double.

69er said:
Hi

Run a new 6mm feed for one of the other appliances - much better. As far as I am aware, diversity applies to single ovens - not double.

Thanks for info I was going to do this but need to strip out daughters built in bedroom and laminate floor to do the cable run was just trying to see IF it was a necessity? :confused:

Sponsored Links
bigjag said:
Thanks for info I was going to do this but need to strip out daughters built in bedroom and laminate floor to do the cable run was just trying to see IF it was a necessity? :confused:
Is there no other way to run the cable? Think about in trunking along the top of wall cupboards, in any boxing-in where your water pipes run, in trunking under the base cupboards, under the kitchen floorboards? Have a good look around before you do anything harsh. The most obvious cable route may have been staring you in the face.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back