Double radiator half working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Recently removed a double radiator to lay some flooring. When I put it back, I turned the system on and opened the in pipe and both bleed valves (one on the rear and one on the front panels). When the rad was full and both valves dripped water I closed them both and opened the out valve. Now when the system is on, the rear panel gets considerably warmer than the front. I have obviously caused this but don't know how to resolve. When I open both bleed valves they both ooze water.
Any help appreciated.
Tony

Sponsored Links
Did you take the radiator outside and flush with the hose and get rid of the sludge etc. :?: Or did you just lay it on its side while doing the flooring. If this was the case, I suspect sludge has filled one side of the double radiator and caused a partial blockage. Water is flowing through the side of least resistance.

Take it off again and give it a good blast with the hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back