Double sided tape

1 Jun 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I have just acquired a used upvc door which had glass upper half and a upvc panel at the bottom. I have bought new ones of both as they were old and faulty.

The door is internal glazed, do I just use the beading to hold the glass and the lower panel in place or use double sided security tape first and then the beading ?
Sponsored Links
As its internally glazed it should have external gaskets and not require any tape.
You may want to look up how to "toe and heel" a door though, (corner packing to prevent it dropping)
thanks, I didn't realise I would need to do that, lots of good info on google so thanks for the heads up :)

Presumably its only the double glazed unit that needs it, the lower plastic panel won't have any weight so I assume the lower panel goes in the door first and the glass last once its been heel & toe'd ?
Sponsored Links
Neither need it, glazing tape is only used on externally beaded frames, internally beaded systems have a rubber gasket pre bonded onto the frames, the glass unit and panel just presses against these and is held there by the beads

As for toe and heeling I generally only use the glass for that and just sit the panel on 2 packers, one each side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local