Double storey extension Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all,
I was hoping for a directional Idea of cost (within 20%) of a double storey extension that we are thinking of adding to a house that we are interested in buying (or if our plan is even feasible)

I am sure you get this all the time, and I know sometimes it is a ‘how long is a piece of string’ question but it is hard for us to make a decision on what we want to do without knowing if our plan will work, and is affordable.

The property is a chalet bungalow (Picture 1) and has a small double storey extension already. We want to convert it from a 2 bed to a 4 bed and had the idea of adding another double storey extension as a mirror design to the current, but coming out from the property a lot further.

The total footprint of the extension would be 5.5M X 4 M. (Purple Part)

Also I would like to add 7 dormer windows (3 on the front, 4 on the back)
If anyone could help me that would be great.

Picture 1 – Front of house
Picture 2 - rear of house current
Picture 3 – Rear of house with new extension (very crude)

I am based in Essex

I will be refurbishing the rest of the house as well, moving walls, and adding bathrooms but roughly know the cost of these as have done some before.

Thank you all in advance!!

Pics Below:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back