downlight installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,i,m wanting some advice on having downlights installed when i have my new kitchen installed but have a problem. i,m wanting to add 6 240v downlights.The problem i have is access to run the wires, above the kitchen cieling is the bathroom,which has a tiled floor so no access available there so have to run the wires from underneath,the joists also run against me so will need to drill through maybe 5 joists.Would it be best to drop down the ceiling and the reboard,are is there a better way,i wouldnt like the mess and extra work this would involve.thankyou for reading and any tips would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi everyone,i,m wanting some advice on having downlights installed when i have my new kitchen installed but have a problem. i,m wanting to add 6 240v downlights.The problem i have is access to run the wires, above the kitchen cieling is the bathroom,which has a tiled floor so no access available there so have to run the wires from underneath,the joists also run against me so will need to drill through maybe 5 joists.Would it be best to drop down the ceiling and the reboard,are is there a better way,i wouldnt like the mess and extra work this would involve.thankyou for reading and any tips would be much appreciated.

not ideal ( and might be so wrong ) but could you not "fish..." the cables back to above a run of cupboards for example and hid it there ?

nope cant hide cables there,the lights are located in the dining area of kitchen,but thanx for advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back