Downlighter & Bar spotlight lamps frequently blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with 2 lamps blowing (often within a week of fitting new lamps):
One is on a 4-lamp bar ceiling fitting in a bedroom and the other is one of 3 recessed ceiling lights in a kitchen (all 3 are wired via junction boxes).
Can anyone tell me why this could be happening, and, even better, suggest a solution?
Mystified, as the same lamps blow every time but others in the system don't!

Sponsored Links
cheap lamps, you get what you pay for..
also keep ypur grubby fingers off the lights..

Thanks guys, I take on your comments about cheapness / handling etc but they don't answer my core problem of why the same lamps blow but others do not (all lamps, those that blow and those that do not, are bought from the same place and handled in the same way!).

Sponsored Links
external influences..

draughts, vibration, steam / moisture all play a part in the life expectancy of a lamp.. could also be a nerfed holder.. poor connection causing heat in the pins..

Thanks guys, I take on your comments about cheapness / handling etc but they don't answer my core problem of why the same lamps blow but others do not (all lamps, those that blow and those that do not, are bought from the same place and handled in the same way!).

I thought loose connections/dodgy lampholders were a well-fitted explanation.

Thanks all ...
I've decided to buy 3 new downlighters which will (hopefully) eliminate faults in these if the problem persists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back