Downpipe question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I have a down pipe that run's , currently , onto a flat roofed balcony. I want to connect it all up so that it runs within my balcony across to the hopper in the far corner - So I have purchased 2 bends, 2 lengths of pipe, brackets and an angled end to put on the pipe going to the hopper.

The down pipe is 68mm - the bends have a 68mm end and a smaller end that would rattle around in the 68mm pipe. What do I need to buy to get these 2 together ?

All help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If all else fails, you can try using a heavy duty rubber coupling (the type with two stainless steel band clamps). These should be available from most, if not all Builder's Merchants. They are available in all sorts of sizes - get the next size up from 68mm because you will be able to get a far better seal when you tighten the bands up if there's more of a clamp to tighten (less strain on the bands!).

all gutter fittings have male and female ends, which are interconnected using the 65mm downpipe.female points uphill, male down.

Sponsored Links
If the downpipes and connectors are the same manufacturer then the male end should really fit quite tight into the pipe.

Otherwise Peters idea should work otherwise put a bead of thick black gutter seal inside the couplings.

Good luck !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back