Downstairs cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some suggestions about this.

I have just replaced the upstairs rads at the weekend. I have now bled all the rads serveral times and an original downstairs radiator is only just warm at the top while all the other downstairs rads are hot. I have turned all the other rads off at the lockshield and TRV but this one rad still only gets just hot at the top. The TRV pin (Drayton TRV4) moves up and down about 5mm and I have opened and closed the lockshield value serval times and I have bled it again with no air found in the radiator.

Other than draining the system down and flushing this one rad, does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be the TRV although the pin moves ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not shut the two valves and drain the radiator, then flush it out with a garden hose, It sounds like a sludged up radiator.

No need to drain the whole system, just jam the TRV pin in with the covering cap.

Al

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back