downstairs radiators hot in morning, tepid at night

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH and water comes on at 6.30 in the morning and again at 16.30. All the radiators are hot in the morning but in the evening, those downstairs are tepid. Upstairs are still hot at night. Any ideas? This has only recently happened.

Sponsored Links
like the rest of us ur system is probably tired by the end of the day !!!

i dunno, maybe someone else has some ideas

Because in the evening the CH is competing with the HW for the available flow of hot water and the downstairs rads have longer pipe runs and suffer the most. In the morning the HW is up to temperature and doesn't compete. Solution is to fit valve on HW circuit to restrict flow thus allowing more flow to CH side.

If you have a proper controls system you can time your hot water to come on 30 min before the heating so its satisfied earlier.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your posts. I turned off the hot water and hey presto...the downstairs rads came on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back