Radiator hot in the morning, cold in the evening

Did you do what I suggested about turning off ALL the other radiators and seeing how hot throughout the day the problem radiator gets? Ensuring the TRV is fully open and the lockshield is open a good amount too?

Not yet, I'll have to do that on the weekend. What am I looking for it to tell me, as the rad has the ability to get hot, just not in the evening?

Sponsored Links
We are looking to see if it stays hot all the time when the room is cold enough to require heat. Then when your satisfied that it constantly heats up as/when it should, turn on another radiator one at a time. Wait a good few hours or even better the next day, ensuring the problem radiator isn't affected before switching on each additional radiator.

Do you have a wireless thermostat btw? If not then the last radiator to turn back on, would be where the thermostat is located. This way there should be a call for heat as that room should be cold enough (assuming the set point is higher than that rooms temp).

We are looking to see if it stays hot all the time when the room is cold enough to require heat. Then when your satisfied that it constantly heats up as/when it should, turn on another radiator one at a time. Wait a good few hours or even better the next day, ensuring the problem radiator isn't affected before switching on each additional radiator.

Do you have a wireless thermostat btw? If not then the last radiator to turn back on, would be where the thermostat is located. This way there should be a call for heat as that room should be cold enough (assuming the set point is higher than that rooms temp).

Thanks - I have a wireless thermostat, which we typically keep in the living room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back