Pulsacoil 2000 - no hot water in morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've just checked through the old posts and couldnt find an identical one so will post my problem here, although I've a feeling (or I'm hoping) it could be a simple solution....

Just moved into a recently built (rented) flat with a Pulsacoil 2000 system. The first 4 weeks the system has been working okay, hot water when we want. The past couple of days the water has been tepid at best in the morning, until this morning when it was completely cold. However even when the water was tepid in the morning, we have maaged to get hot water during the day for a bath for the nipper.

The main heater switch is on, the off peak switch is on, the booster switch works as we used it a couple of days ago. The green light is on on the boiler front, the red light is off.

Not entirley sure how the system works, will I be needing to look at the off peak circuit??

Thanks in advancve.....

Sponsored Links
Top marks for reply time.

Any suggestions with what I should be looking at/for please?

at risk of stating the obvious

that the off peak is switched on

not as silly as it sounds (was one on here last week)

make sure the controller is on

you may have a duff immersion or overheat stat tripped
:idea:

Sponsored Links
at risk of stating the obvious

that the off peak is switched on

The switch next to the boiler is on and the morning showers were hot a few days ago, only the past couple of days when the water had stopped being hot.

make sure the controller is on

Whhere would I find this? would it have tripped?

you may have a duff immersion or overheat stat tripped

A trip sounds plausible, would the latter still allow us to get hot water during the day? Should the red light be flashing if something has tripped?

if you stick an e mail addy in your profile i have the mi's and ff guide

FWIW ;)

Ok thanks i'll do that- as I'm (obviously!) not an expert on boilers, you think its within a newbies capabilites?

Thanks for the manual, I good read if you can believe that.

One (maybe stupid) question - how can you tell if a/the stat has tripped?? :oops:

EDIT: Ah, should be indicated on the PSC PCB?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back