Pulsacoil 2000 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, I'm hoping you can offer some advice for this problem!

We have a Pulsacoil 2000 installed in our flat and we've found it to very problematic. The water always appears to heat up, whether on on or off peak, as its warm on the side of the tanks.

The problem initially started where sometimes you could get hot water out of the tap continuously, sometimes hot water would come out, then turn ice cold after 5-10 seconds. When hot water did come out, it was very hot...

Recently we've been lucky if any hot water comes out at all. Same happens if we have the taps on full, or half, on peak, off peak etc. Lucky we have an electric shower!

I've checked the thermal store and it has plenty of water in it.

The Circuit Control and Fault lights are both off - and I dont remember them ever working.

When the pump is on there is a quiet buzz every few seconds, all the time. This seemed to go away after topping up the thermal store, but them came back shortly after.

As before, when turning the off or on peak switches on I can hear the water heating up. So there's hot water in there!

Can anyone offer any advice on what to try, or who to call? I live in Bristol.

Thanks! If any more info is needed, or you need me to try something, please let me know!

Matt

Sponsored Links
These appliances are fairly simple, but there are numerous failure modes. It becomes harder to diagnose when there are multiple faults. For example, I recently repaired one that had eleven faults, and that was after several other contractors had attended during the last six months.

For this reason you might find it better to find a competent local repairer.

However, if you're feeling adventurous, and have a multimeter and some time to spare, then I could give some pointers.

Start by ensuring that both elements are working, and that the off-peak element comes on for the alloted off-peak period. Check the resistance of each element, and the operation of the rod thermostats.

Thanks for the advice!

I work as an IT Technical Engineer, and would have no problem diagnosing a computer problem, but I think in this instance I will leave it to the experts and find a repairer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back