dpc and floor levels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my cony brickwork is upto existing house dpc level, but due to garden levels i would like to build up by one more course, this would mean the cony floor would finish higher than the existing house dpc is this ok to do ?
i have bitumined the brickwork upto exixsting dpc level and would keep the cony dpm above the house dpc
cheers

Sponsored Links
bit more info - it would be dpc on current brick course(to match house) then one more brick course, then cony floor dpm on top of that

Sponsored Links
vibetime i've asked a very similar question which has yet to be answered. i'll let you know if i get any input.

how will that tally with your other internal floor levels. if you were to raise the conservatory dpc, would that mean conservatory internal floor would be higher than the other internal floors?

my house is quite high off the ground, if i finish my cony floor at existing dpc level it is a 2 course plus door frame rise to get into kitchen , i could lower door down but it still means the cony frame pannels will be below my existing window tops which wont look right, so if i take it all up one more course the step is smaller and it will sit higher above my garden level, but that means cony floor will be one course higher than house dpc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back