Dpc & Dpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am not a builder but just wanted to ask that i have a garage being built and there is a course of dpc and dpm on the engineering bricks and then the concrete blocks are above that. Now does my concrete floor have to be above the dpc/dpm level as this would raise my floor level too hi as my builder has put to many engineering bricks in the wall. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your internal floor can be anywhere below the dpc, your external ground level should be at least 150mm below the dpc.

BUT your dpm should go under the concrete and meet with (be tucked into) your dpc. If the floor level is below dpc then this will expose the polythene which runs the risk of it becoming damaged, so you will need to protect it with an internal finish. Plasterboard/skirting if it was an extension.
You'll have to get creative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back