DPC injection fluid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my first post on here so please be gentle…

I am renovating an old terraced property showing signs of rising damp so have hacked off the plaster and getting ready to rent a DPC injection machine, I just need some advice on which fluid to buy, there seems quite a few on the market including concentrates you mix with water.

The damp is confined to the front and back of the property so I am considering injecting 3 or 4 courses on the inside and 2 on the outside, would I benefit by doing that.

Look forward to some replies on the fluids some people have used and recommend.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi masona

I have read that before, it does make an interesting read, however when I look at my modern'ish property I can see that the bricks are damp upto the damp course membrane, and that’s what I find so strange…Is it the consensus of people on here that rising damp is a myth…

The building society had a survey done and have held a £2,000 retention on the property for the damp….The gutters were in a mess and they have been replaced along with new eaves boards…

I just don’t know what to do….

Sponsored Links
No sorry and now I've hacked off the plaster.....I kept saying i'll take some before and after pictures but never got round to it, I just got carried away with the hammer & chisel......

There was like a damp\salt or mineral line about 1 meter above the ground virtually horizontal going across the front Wall, the sides\adjourning walls seem to be fine..

Nothing bridging the dpc outside? ground level should be 150mm minimum below dpc

Well that’s a good point over time the pavements have just been laid down over the existing pavement however the dampcourse level is still around the 150mm mark, but with the snow etc over winter it probably did breach that level, that’s why I was thinking of Injecting a couple of levels of brick on the outside as a precaution and maybe 3 or 4 levels on the inside.....

Best to let it dry out first, the chemical injection won't do anything because the damp will go else where

Well masona I hacked the plaster off that that reason to give the walls time to dry out why I try to find out what fluid people recommend.

There is some stuff on ebay for under 20 quid a concentrate mixed with water to make up to 25 ltrs..

Injections DONT WORK-- total waste of money.
No such thing as rising damp-- there is ALWAYS ANOTHER REASON--usually penetratind damp, no ventilation etc...

Lots of posts on internet about it.
Please dont waste your money on chemical crap .
Chem products- can however- help with penetrating damp.

It's a very frustrating experience to have to put up with problems such as you have got .
Just work your way through all the help available .

Thanks masona & peterperfection I really appreciate your advice, I am really going to have to get my head around that rising damp or rising dampness as it should be called does not exist ..

I am probably one of many who believed or was led to believe it did.

I have replaced the gutters which were installed very poorly and leaking…

Peterperfection you mention that Chem can help with penetrating damp is that coating the exterior brickwork in a water sealant…

Thanks for your advice guys..

When I bought my first house in 1981 the Building Society put a retention on the mortgage and insisted that the bottom 18 inches of plaster be stripped, 3 coats of bitumen paint applied and re-plaster. I did the work myself and it did seem to cure the damp. In that case the problem was that a neighbours garden soil was higher than the floor level inside my house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back