DPM insp' passed, but integrated garage manhole cover issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Our extension is moving along, and the dpm was passed this morning, but my BCO told me I need to fit a sealed man hole cover in the integrated garage.

At present, I have a cast iron heavy-duty item in place ready for the concrete due tomorrow morning, and searching the interwebnet has only brought up normal duty sealed covers - so I'm at a loss.

I'm sure it is more important for the cover to withstand my defender driving over it than to let a small amount of gas into the garage.

Should I:
A) keep looking - they do exist
B) seal it with silicon
C) not worry as my door from the house will need to be sealed sufficiently anyway, and the manhole will only allow a negligible amount of gas out?

Thanks chaps - need to get this sorted asap as in work now, and concreting at 8am tomorrow! :(

Cheers
Tom

Sponsored Links
Agh, found some, but too late I think!

On the hunt now for a seal to add to my existing 450mm round one!

Tom

I've now stop flustering as we now have a rectangular heavy duty, double sealed bad-boy ready to swap when I'm home from work ready for tomorrow!

Cheers
Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back