Dpm repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of installing a ground anchor in a concrete garage floor.
so far ive made the hole in the existing concrete floor and removed the required amount of material to get the required hole depth.
I now need to re line the hole with a patch of dpm where i had to cut out some of the existing one. As you'll see in the photo ive drilled through the dpm in quite a few places.
View media item 98504
Whats the best way for me to sort this out?
Can i just tuck the patch repair up the sides of the hole and under the existing dpm or should i use some sort of joining tape?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it damp underneath at the moment? If not it's less of a worry, especially being not an inside room.
In the absence of any more informed answers I'd say it's hard to get a watertight seal with patching in. Perhaps try some liquid of some kind, maybe some sand and cement with a waterproofing additive.

Sponsored Links
it doesn't seem to be damp...

the sand and stones below the membrane can be quite easily removed by hand and the sand is largley dry and crumbly in the hand

if anything there may be what seems like a very small amount of moisture in the sand but not enough to dampen a bit of tissue if i squeeze a handfull of the sand with a bit of tissue surronding it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back