DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am tiling a kitchen and bathroom floor, both onto concrete. The bathroom floor is in part of the house which is over 300 years old so no DPM, the kitchen is only 35 years old and has a partial DPM but only about one third of the floor for some reason. The rooms aren't showing signs of damp, should I lay a membrane before tiling and if so what is the easiest way to do it?

Is there anything that I can just paint onto the floor before tiling to prevent damp?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Im getting bored of answering the same question here (No fault of yours!) so going to write a post tomorrow on how to install a surface membrane (DPM). Make shaw you look for it to answer your question. But in the mean time can you give us a bit more info? What sort of tile you laying?, and how do you know where the dpm ends? New section of concrete base?

Matty, after you write your much needed post, ask the Admin to make it a sticky so it will alwasy stay at the top of the forum and makes it easier for all to redirect to.

WoodYouLike said:
Matty, after you write your much needed post, ask the Admin to make it a sticky so it will alwasy stay at the top of the forum and makes it easier for all to redirect to.
Woody- would you suggest i should do this with the one i wrote about how to level a wooden subfloor? i see its slowly getting lower down the list! I guess this is a problem that comes up alot on the forum to.

Sponsored Links
mattysupra said:
Im getting bored of answering the same question here (No fault of yours!) so going to write a post tomorrow on how to install a surface membrane (DPM). Make shaw you look for it to answer your question. But in the mean time can you give us a bit more info? What sort of tile you laying?, and how do you know where the dpm ends? New section of concrete base?

You can always not answer to the post if your sick of repeating yourself. :LOL: ;) ps I know what you mean tho :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back