Drain blocked again

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your helpful comments.
I hope it isn't intrusive to give you my feedback as promised as I can see there have been a lot of posts since I asked about this. If it is please advise and I won't provide further follow up.
To date the drain hasn't blocked. We are always using the 6l flush for solids, and holding the button in to ensure all the 6l is used.
Maybe too much detail but I am the main user of the wet room so if solids are substantial I am flushing before adding paper, then flushing again, both with the 6l flush. Water volume certainly seems the answer so far.

I checked the drain today and there is a little bit of solid matter visible but slightly upstream from the chamber. This would be from a neighbour. The fact it hasn't flowed away straight away may mean there is a slight fall back in this pipe as was mentioned in a post above.
For now my watching brief continues.
If nothing changes I will not post again so that your time is not wasted. If there is a blockage I'll let you know how it goes on.
Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
I think the volume of water per flush has a lot to be said for it. The old High Level 9 litre (2 Gallon) flushes were so devastatingly effective, it was like a tsunami hitting the pan, which absolutely nothing could withstand.

Fast forward 50-60 years and we're supposed to be using less water with a lot lower head behind it, and then left wondering why the pan doesn't clear and the drains are blocking, before discovering actually using more water works, given we're having to flush several times with 6 litres of water rather than once with 9 to achieve the same effect.

The mind boggles.... :whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back