Drain blocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Every few months my drain will block, I’m tempted to remove the white pipe and put a 110 - 82mm reducer in its place to see if it will direct the wast into the underground part of the sewer.

Any thoughts on me doing this or dose anyone have a better solution?

B166BCCE-3A7C-46EA-9B87-D092D917A5A0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Reducing a drain diameter is never a good idea, I suspect all you'll do is move the point of issue.

Remove the bottom bend and white section of pipe, whats left isn't ideal but should discharge cleanly enough to prevent an issue. If it doesn't, then more major work is going to be required to solve the issue.

I think I’ve had that type of set up before, the problem is that the waste drops down the pipe and enter the manhole at such force it just splashed everywhere.

if I could direct it to enter the clay underground pipe directly it may stop the buildup in the manhole.

Without major reconstruction of the chamber, I think you'll struggle. Badly made connection into chambers often end up causing an unholy mess and then the associated blockages. Only saving grace is in your case, it's not very deep, so relaying is possibly an option, depends what lengths you want to go to to sort the issue out.

Sponsored Links
try to leave the last black connection on, but cut the bottom of it off so it can exit onto the main and hopefully keep the splashing at a minimum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back