Drain gutter pipe angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I just had an extension done and we have added a window. The gutter drain pipe now comes to an angle that does not allow me to use standard angled joins (as per the picture) the gutter pipe has got a squared section. I assume there is an easy solution to this? all the joining bits that I have seen are 45 or 90 degree. Any advice would be apreciated

Attachments

• 0272_001l.pdf
    158.2 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
how is that surely it must have come out of the gutter on a std angle, photo would be better.
To fit into the 45 degree Y piece you would normally either drop down from the gutter then a 45 straight into the y piece or to avoid an obstacle then drop down then 90 degree either above or below obstacle then a 45 then into the Y piece all a matter of lengths and placing the joints in the correct position. are you sure that the pipe is actually running at the same angle as it came out of the gutter and not lifted or dropped along it's length.

The gutter is currently not set. That is why I sent a picture. Before the extension was made the gutter join was at 45 but we have been forced to chnage the angle to avoid running the pipe in front of the new window. So the angle is now approx as per the drawing

Sponsored Links
I think that catlad is on to it.

OP, if this is the only possible position for the outlet then fix your gutter runs in position - no outlet fitting, just plain gutter.
Then post a pic showing the gutter, and a solution per catlad might be found.

But what I don't get is how you have changed the angle. as you say there are only standard angles available are you saying the pipe still comes out of the gutter on a std join but that you have essentialy forced the angle to avoid the window.
As Vinn says a photo would make this easier to understand.

Hi all thanks for comments. Not sure a heat gun would work. The pipe is quite big. Here is the picture. As you can see the angle of the pipe has to be quite small to avoid the window

Attachments

• 20160922_083521.jpg
    20160922_083521.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 131
right I see. I wouldn't run that all the way back over there I take it the roof runs off at the end and you have turned that round the corner to meet the existing pipe. Does the existing pipe go into the ground. if so I would either expose that underground and then drop your new pie into the ground and make the connection under ground. or just drop the new pipe straight down and run its own soakaway.

The existing vertical pipe comes from the roof and runs into the wasing machine/diswasher outlet drainage outside the house. I really want to connect them as it wont look nice otherwise. I may try bend the pipe with heatgun

how about running the pipe from the extension straight down and bend it under the window. Then along at the fixed bend angle meeting the existing vertical low down.

Yes this option was discussed. But it makes more sense having the pipe out of the way as much as possible. By having the pipe high up is also less visible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back