Drain Inspection Cover Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I have a paving slab which appears to have come lose from its bed (rocks when walked on) and are planning to lift it up and put a new mortar bed under it. The slab has an osma drain inspection cover in the middle of it. Does anyone know how these are fitted? Should I be able to lift the slab and this stay where it is, or will it come up with the slab? It appears to move with the slab, but there are no smells so im guessing the seal to the drains hasn't broken. I don't want to rip it up and then find I have foul smells coming up. See photo.

Many thanks,

IMG_1519.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks to me like a concrete in-situ finish and to me and not a slab.

You can simply re do it ,you can buy a slab and cut it.

That inspection cover is no problem, it's not screwed or anything , it's attached to the drain and usually sealed with a gasket.
If it's bodger then it may need setting when you do the repair.
If its at the correct level " which it is" simply lay slab or re do the In-situ concrete.
4:1 wet mix, trowel edges so it looks neat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back