Drain pipe into waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Im hoping someone can offer me some advise

I had an extension a couple of years back and the roofer just fed the gutting down the side of my house but not feeing into a drain. It has never affected me but the building regs guy said it wasnt allowed. unfortunatly my wife who was there at the time didnt ask what was allowed. Can someone please explain what my options are. The only two I see is feeding the drain pipes into the soil vent pipe which is one the same side of the house or directly into a manhole on the floor (not as easy) Will any of these be suitable to comply with building regs?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You're required to dig a soakaway and feed in to that, unless you can show that such a construction isn't possible - e.g. due to being on non-porous clay soil. Depending on the layout of the groundworks/patios/etc around the back of your house, having to dig a 1 cubic metre soakaway 5M away from the bulding may just be a bearable hassle, or could be a complete pain in the @ss!

Have a read of this : https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/Elmbridge Borough Council/Building Control/09soakaways.pdf

How come it's only just been inspected/spotted two years later?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back