Drain system and other things

• Thread starter richard7761
  • Start date
R

richard7761

I suppose that the term "drain system" does not mean taking special action to completely empty the CH loop?

I have a quote for a job which says: "drain system down, .....refill system, vent and commission".

When the guy cuts into the CH pipes to extend them when relocating the radiator, I guess at some point water will cease to flow. But, there will still be water in the system.

Anyway, I think I must be right, draining the system is not completely emptying the sysytem of water.

Refill system, yes got that, bring system up to pressure, and venting, yes, ensuring no air locks.

Not sure what the guy is going to do in commissioning.

Also, can you use regular isolation valves in the CH loop, same as what you would use say feeding taps? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
In my opinion, drain system, technically, would be to remove all the water, in practise, most people would only drain what they to

I suppose that the term "drain system" does not mean taking special action to completely empty the CH loop?

No, you will only drain done the system as low as you are cutting the pipework.

I have a quote for a job which says: "drain system down, .....refill system, vent and commission".

When the guy cuts into the CH pipes to extend them when relocating the radiator, I guess at some point water will cease to flow. But, there will still be water in the system.

There will still be water in the system (i.e. other downstairs radiators).

Anyway, I think I must be right, draining the system is not completely emptying the sysytem of water.

Refill system, yes got that, bring system up to pressure, and venting, yes, ensuring no air locks.

Not sure what the guy is going to do in commissioning.

Correct.
Commissioning is to ensure every radiator gets hot and the system is balanced.

Also, can you use regular isolation valves in the CH loop, same as what you would use say feeding taps? Thanks.

Yes you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back