Drain under a conservatory - problem or not?

You've got the money and the consrvatory - the game is yours to play as you wish. Let him sue you. The odds are you will get the conservatory for free. If he hasn't given you a quote - then he's given you a free conservatory. Just say, "Thanks mate - now f**k off".

Sponsored Links
Thanks Joe90, I think that's a bit extreme! I don't want to rip anyone off or get anything for free, I just want to get what I agreed done for the price that I agreed.

At the very worst, I'll get a quote from a second builder to put the drain right, then pay the original guy the amount we agreed minus the money to put it right.

Before you get in a second bulder, you have to give the first one notice and give him a chance to correct his mistake.

Send a recorded delivery letter, telling him what's wrong ( probably a good idea to list all your phone calls in letter to get those in writing) and give him a stated time period ( three weeks ? ) to fix it or that you will have the work done by someone else and deduct it from the bill.

Getting agreements in writing doesn't just apply to building. Just about anything other than a strightforward purchase in a shop needs agreement and confirmation. that's why web-sites are so keen on their little boxes you have to tick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back