Conservatory over drain listed house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, looking for a bit advice please!
So I’m selling my house, it’s a grade 2 listed cottage with a conservatory build on the back, there’s all the correct listed buildings consent for the conservatory which was built in 1996.
My issue is it was built on top of a drain. I understand the rules were different back then so the drain was probably the home owners responsibility as opposed to the water board.
There is what looks like an inspection chamber in the floor of the conservatory, I opened it up but it looks sealed, probably to keep any smells out ect.
Do you think this could cause any issues with my sale?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

Thank you for your reply, that’s what I wanted to hear. Specifically though is it not an issue because it was done well before the rules changed, and or because it has an accessible inspection chamber, or something else?
Thanks again.

Does anyone else drain into it? If not its yours to do what you please with?

Sponsored Links
Does anyone else drain into it? If not its yours to do what you please with?
Well according to the plans they do yes, I don’t know if they diverted at all though. I don’t want to open up the inspection chamber to have a look as it’s got an odd cement / plastic seal on it and I won’t be able to seal it like that again…

This is under the inspection cover, the bit in the middle feels like a very thin plastic membrane, some sort of cement swirl on top, bizarre.

4EC2CB6F-00C9-4045-BB42-077DD1BBCC56.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back