Drainage around shed

reply time not a problem in the least :D :D
was just edging at removing causes off damp
as in from below from the sides or from above
once you remove all causes it will off course dry fully

what treatment is planned for the new timbers??
they will be more vunerable as "untreated" and also near the bottom subject to splashing and ground born material contact[leaves earth etc]

Sponsored Links
Thanks Al!
The new timber on the shed (two lower planks on bad side and new fascias to roof) are pressure treated. I'm painting the whole shed as I hate the colour - water-based shed/fence paints. It's going to take a lot of coats as the exisiting colour is dark and the area I've tested soaks it up like a sponge. After changing the colour, I wondered about using a solvent-based water seal. What do you think?

i used cuprinol the waxy one cant remember exactly what its called but its breathable and sheds water as in the drops just roll off the surface rather than wet the wood

Thanks Al, I'm of for a walk to B&Q so will have a look for it.

Sponsored Links
:D I was just about to ask if that's what it was called - found it in B&Q. Can't buy it yet as it's too heavy to walk home with it, need to wait until my eyes are fixed and I can drive again to get it. Hopefully I'll have finsished chaing the shed coule by then and that it will have dired out too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back