Shed Mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone.

First time poster - with a bit of an odd one. Mould on the inside of the shed roof. But only on the new bit...

I made the shed about 20 yrs ago, and it has been fine until last summer when the felt was a bit worse for wear. A few of the T&G roof planks beneath the felt began to get a bit rotten and I'd neglected it for the summer before...

All the felt was taken off and replaced with good quality new felt. All bad timber was removed and replaced with the same dimension untreated T&G (the original was untreated). Structure of the shed still very sound. I made it using 15mm T&G and 3"x2" frame as I wanted it to be quite secure.

Roll forward from Summer 2020 to Feb 2021 and I've noticed a lot of damp & mould on the underneath of just the new sections of timber on the underside/inside of the shed roof. All the original wood is still like it was new.

Looking for a cause, remedy and prevention ideas, please. Thanks.

Jim

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back