Drainage channel help advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have sloped back garden that dips down into my garage. It floods when there is very heavy rainfall. I've bought some drainge channels to help said the water flow to the grids drains I already have now..

Ok so I understand I have to dig a small trench so that the channels can be cemented in place. I aim to have them running along side my house around the garden and infront of my garage. 11metres .

My question is do I have to dig up my old grids/drains so the channels sit over the top of them with a hole in the bottom so water to gush though. I have a drain/grid for the gutterring on the roof also have another grid for my kitchen waste water and also have a grid for rain water thanx

Attachments

• 20181029_144606.jpg
    20181029_144606.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 20181029_144601.jpg
    20181029_144601.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Ground level should be 6 inch below DPC. When I fit drainage channels, I connect the end of the channel into a rodable gulley. If I've connected the channel via the bottom, I've done so by an S trap, only because I redid/installed the waste pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back