drainage/conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
I have just had Anglian conservatory tell me they need to do piling for my conservatory instead of a raft/ trench foundation. this is due to a drain run below foundation at a dept of 1.9m aprox. this to me seems not right. the soil is of a clay make up, I am aware of heave and what is requuired for this situation. the construction would be a standard flank wall full height and the remaining being a dwarf wall. can anyone help. they are talking about charging another 4.5K which I think is excessive.

Sponsored Links
Not a complete expert, but this sounds rather like they are taking the P. Metre deep footing was the requirement BCO asked from me for a standard single storey cavity wall.

Drainage would have to be bridged to prevent any load on the pipe but piling for a conservatory??? I'd be more worried they'd go through the drain whilst piling..... :eek:

The design needs to be one which does not put a load onto the drain. Piling may be an option, but not at such a high cost. Pad and beam may be a cheaper option

Sponsored Links
My BCO wanted the foundations below the invert of the drain on my extension, sounds like you need the same thing. Luckily mine drains are around 800mm deep. Whatever you do I'd get a second quote from someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back