Drainage question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a team adding some drainage work to the front of our house and have basically added a new drainage section from another room meet the current sewage drain away from house.

upload_2020-12-15_10-31-13.png

Where the two pipes join (green pipe is new addition) they have dug up and just added rubber connectors and a 't piece' here and filled it all back in. Should these area have a hatch ? I see they have added some sort of external drainage point as the new green section leaves the house.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
An inspection chamber would have been better but would have cost more. Are there any existing manholes on the red line?

The junction they have fitted will be fine and it sounds like they have left access at the upstream end in case there ever is a blockage.

Thanks Ian there is one that is near the house on the red line facing downstream inline on red pipe near black line (delineating the wall to house).

I am concerned about the cost of 2 men for about 2 days @ 10am - 3pm (£1000) especially as they're covering the driveway slot they cut in the driveway with ready mix macadam bags and heating it with a plumbers blow torch. :(

Must admit i thought it would take longer hence the quoted price? Any idea of going rate for 2groundsmen per day? (i work 8-5 not 9-2.30!!!)

Should be a chamber if its foul water, did building control pass this?

Sponsored Links
Whats a chamber and where? The red pipe is foul the new green will be just used for grey does it still need building control?

Whats a chamber and where? The red pipe is foul the new green will be just used for grey does it still need building control?
In that case most authorities accept a roddable type gully with the drain junctioned onto the existing foul drain, though my adjacent authority were insisting on a chamber a few years back. Yes it requires B regs. for the installation of the drain, it will also be required if you have fitted a new sanitary fitting, sink, shower etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back