Driveway Drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice and the process to take to add proper drainage to my driveway.

The house is situated on the side of a road down a slight hill. Whenever we have heavy rain we get a build up of water outside the front door, as the water just runs down the driveway/garden. There is a small channel at the bottom of the drive but this doesn't actually go anywhere.

IMG_2818.JPG

We have a combined sewage system and the yellow line in the picture above is where i believe the drainage runs.
We can't use a soakaway as the front garden is too small to allow good distance from house and we also have clay soil.

Would i be able in someway to connect up the drainage channel to the sewage system?

What would be the way to do this? and would i need to contact water company? council?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
A wider view of the whole drive and what's in front of it may help those on here that know about this give you better advise.

46369CC1-8D4D-4ED8-8252-2F7D9449FD1D.jpeg

Hopefully these help?!?
Pavement and road are at top of drive

Thanks

Attachments

• 8F469B4C-E9EC-4460-8251-EFAF80249F04.jpeg
    8F469B4C-E9EC-4460-8251-EFAF80249F04.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
Would i be able in someway to connect up the drainage channel to the sewage system
I heard that they don't like you doing it.

However, if you already have a combined surface water and foul, then you already will be paying the surface water charge. If so, I wonder if you can just connect it?

I'm sure someone who knows more will be along and will say if this is allowed.

Recently I found my soakaway was silted up. Jetting etc was no good. Required a new one.

I phoned and asked the Water Co if I could link up the gutters to the main drain. They said yes, let me know how much the surface water charge was and updated my bills from that date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back