Drained system, now towel radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I drained down my system today and replaced the speedfit 15x10 reducer coupling with a brass inserts 15x10 internal compression reducers.

Filled back up, all radiators working fine apart from the towel radiator! It is cold. I slackened off the tail nut a bit and water came out (but cold). I also tried to blead the valve but no air.

It was working fine before but now the water is not flowing through, does anyone have any ideas? Is there an air lock? I have tried bleeding other radiators but they don't have ait in them anyway.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Can I just turn off the TRVs on the other radiators or both valves on each radiator?

Sponsored Links
You could remove the vent cap and attatch a hose to the the top of the towel rad, using a 15mm compression elbow and some copper and a jubilee clip. Open each valve on the towel rad individually to get rid of the air lock.

But I would pull your finger out and do what is suggested above first! Not as messy

;)

Aren't you the same prat thinking a blending valve reduces hot water flow?

A tad unnecessasry?

I had a plumber from a national out and he agreed the probable cause was the blender valve. One coming Monday so I guess we will see. I admire your confidence.

It will do mate if the filter is blocked! ;)

But honestly, if a TMV has gone faulty, it can reduce the flow rate.

Anyhow, just close the TRV's mate, a lot quicker and cleaner as said above, but make sure that both valves on the towel rail are open. You may think they are open, but it doesnt't harm to check mate.

Anyhow, just close the TRV's mate, a lot quicker and cleaner as said above, but make sure that both valves on the towel rail are open. You may think they are open, but it doesnt't harm to check mate.

Really? Well I know nothing.

Anyway, back to the original post :D .

Turning off the TRVs worked and the towel rail is now working great.

Thanks everyone. Brilliant forum.

Anyway, back to the original post :D .

Turning off the TRVs worked and the towel rail is now working great.

Thanks everyone. Brilliant forum.

Good result.

Don't be afraid to ask again despite some others belittling remarks.

Really? Well I know nothing.

Well it apparently you know nothing, blender valve replaced and lashings of hot water now.

Glad I didn't waste any money on a PRV, thanks for trying anyway, I still admire your confidence.

Back to the towel rail - bleed valves often block. Did water come out?? If not, poke a needle in after you've completely removed the screwy bit. You're likely to get sprayed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back