Towel Radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone please help. I recently had a new bathroom installed by a professional. We wanted him to replace the old central heating radiator with a towel radiator. Which we asked him to move to the opposite wall, hence the plumbing was done as appropriate.

However he has now gone and I am left with a cold towel radiator! It is a ladder style towel radiator from B&Q.

I have bleed it for few hours today (few buckets) and it does get slightly warm after a while but not hot. The colour of the water is slightly golden however I gave up as this did get hot as the old central heating radiator used to. Not sure if it will go back to cold again after I stopped the bleed valve now.

We have a single pipe central heating system (I know what a nightmare!). British gas said it might be because he used a upvc pipe and this restricts the water flow for the towel radiator. Also the towel radiator is about 75cm off the floor hence the water would have to travel up the upvc pipe.

Can anyone help or suggest an alternative?

Many Thanks

Will

Sponsored Links
will i`ll be honest, if it is a one pipe system, then, if it was me i wouldn`t want the job. Im 31 and the amount of these systems ive seen i can count on one hand ...and the ones i have seen have been replaced for two pipe system(flow and return), as for the rad not working ...... try shutting the rest of the rads down and see if u can get heat there , if not then replace it for and electric one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i cant be of more help will

will i`ll be honest, if it is a one pipe system, then, if it was me i wouldn`t want the job. Im 31 and the amount of these systems ive seen i can count on one hand ...and the ones i have seen have been replaced for two pipe system(flow and return), as for the rad not working ...... try shutting the rest of the rads down and see if u can get heat there , if not then replace it for and electric one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry i cant be of more help will
Agree ..I`m 56 and seen a few more systems , but I wouldn`t try and fit a towel rail on one piper :cry: Sorry

Sponsored Links
hey will, ive just got some electric towel radiators in so if you wanna change it give me a shout and i can do then very cheap

cheers

terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back