draining a microbore central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone,just like too know when draining a microbore cental heating system,do you just tie up ballcock undo drainer tap empty system water,put new towel rail on and then refill the system by tightening the drain off tap,undoing the ballcock too refill the system,then bleed the rads too let the air out,basically the same as a central heating system with 15mm pipe work.also can you merge microbore with 15mm pipe,you can only buy microbore in great lengths,it would be cheaper just to add 15mm as i only want too extend a small distance any advice would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
what you are saying is fine, you seem to have a handle on what is required, it is ok to use 15mm pipe to extend on microbore, years ago when 8/10mm was all the rage a lot of large housing association spec said we had to use 15mm valves and pipe from rad to under floor to minimise damage from hoovers etc, they all worked perfectly well

Sponsored Links
hello again,i am hearing a lot about freezing pipes instead of draining systems,does this work if using soldering and how long does it last before melting,also my drain off valve witch is located next to the boiler for my system is higher than the lowest rad,will the system drain ok.thanks for any advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back