microbore pipe help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to put a new radiator in my central heating system. Some of the radiators have microbore piping leading to the valves. When I went into the cellar to check where I could run the pipes to the new rad I noticed that the microbore coming from the rads was joined to 15mm pipe. Is there any reason to do this? why not just use 15mm pipe throughout the system? any help with this would be appreciated, so that I can buy right pipe etc before I start grovelling around in the cellar putting pipework

Sponsored Links
Smaller bore pipes are a little easier to bend to follow a given path and were thought to look neater joining the radiator valves.

There's no reason why you shouldn't stick to 15mm all the way from the main (22mm ?) feed to the radiators and it will be less likely than microbore to become blocked if you should have any problems with sludge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back