Draining a powermax system

M

marsaday

if i drain a powermax 155 boiler and change some rads over can i still use the hot water system ? iy may take me a few days you see.

also can i power flush the system myself by hiring a machine ?

Sponsored Links
If you are draining the system then I would say no.

And I would say...no you cannot powerflush a powermax, dissconnect appliance and flush system, chemical cleanse the beast.

thanks for reply. i will be sticking on a new vaillant combi after power flushing. do i still need to disconnect the powermax in this case. the plumber will be doing it with me, but is not up on these systems though. i may ask baxi about it.

Sponsored Links
I would defo disconnect and flush just before you fit new boiler.

Powermax holds a huge store of water so will have to use double if not trebble dose of fast cleanse to get a good effect.

There aint no point of flushing the old beast.

Once new boiler in add fresh cleanser, leave in for a week then thoroughly flush system with fresh water and refill with correct dose of inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back