POWERMAX 155 - Main Power Tripped & Boiler Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone could help me to understand what's happen.
I have a POWERMAX 155 boiler and the main power was trip last night and I could not get the system to work even after putting the power on.

The screen on my POWERMAX is now blank - no light or anything. Does that mean that my boiler is totally dead and have to replace the whole thing? (I truely hope not).

Please help.

Sponsored Links
It has developed a fault which has tripped the breaker or the RCD and blown the fuse at the boiler.

Probably a faulty pump.

If it was in our local area I would expect that we could repair it for under £200 but you may be better off getting British Gas for a fixed price repair at about £212.

Be aware that there are some safety issues with this model and if the installation is not perfect then BG may have to cap it off.

Il n'est pas mort!

Tony

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've recently (one month ago) changed its valve because there was a leak and could not maintain its pressure. What I can see on my boiler now is that the pressure bar is pointing to 3, although the system is dead.

Do you think this could still be a faulthy pump?

Sponsored Links
The filling valve is leaking or you have left it a little open !

Or perhaps the expansion vessel has failed.

Without inspecting it I cannot guess!

Bon nuit.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back