Draining system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like I'll be using this section of the forum quite a lot over the summer... :LOL:

Ok, I've been doing some plumbing around the house, fixing a leaking internal stopcock and now moved onto plumbing in a thermostatic shower and both times I've had to turn off the external mains in order to do the work.

This may seem quite daft, but with the external and internal stopcocks fully closed and after letting the water drain out of the taps, I am still getting a constant dribble of water from the connections I've taken apart.

I could be (and have been) there all day doing my work with bucket by my side catching the drips and I just can't wait around forever to start the work. The flow is constant and does not die away. As I said, it's just a drip, but I'd rather not have to work around a bucket.

I don't know if there's some other tap I should be turning off or if it's just slowly draining down my entire system. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back