Mains Water Clank before stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In short, away on holiday for a month, came back to find blue chalk on my property around the waterboards stoptap, few weeks later they turn up to dig up the cover and get to their external stopcock quoting a water leak.

Their external stopcock is on my property, they dug it up, quoting no cost to me, found a leak about 2ft from the stopcock on my property, (old lead pipe) fixed the leak, replaced the old external stopcock with a plastic valve and tap and cover(looks flimsy) , filled the hole back in and a few days later another team turn up to reinstate the top tarmac part and off they trot.

Since then there has been a constant knock on the pipe by the internal stopcock (situated just inside my property approx 7ft from their newly replaced external stopcock) every 2 seconds there is a knock followed by a another slightly less audible knock, no taps on, no heating on but just concentrated by the internal stopcock, if I turn my internal stopcock off the noise stops but i think i can still feel the knock if i place my hand on my internal stopcock.

If I leave the stopcock on the noise resonates through the property but has only started since the waterboard messed around outside, just a low volume every two seconds clank.

Any clues?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not a scooby but get on to the water board, if it can be heard they have little chance of a get out(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back