rising main stopcock dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the main feed stopcock in my kitchen is dripping from the tap when opened up fully . the stopcock from what can see is soldered onto the main feed (lead pipe) is there an easy fix to stop the drip as the water is penertrating the dampproof course
not sure where the main isolating feed stopcock is ,there is a small cover outside of the back of my property with a W on it ,on inspection this covers quite a deep pipe and i am unable to see or reach the bottom to see if its there :confused:

Sponsored Links
thanks for your quick response ,yes it is leaking from the nut when opened fully

see if you can tighten the nut half a turn, they can seize to the spindle and when spindle turned the nut turns aswell

Sponsored Links
already tried this not albe to get any movement on the nut :confused:

if its seized maybe easyer to fit a new stopcock.
as you say the lid outside with the w on is the stopcock but they are deep so you'll need a log stopcock key.

nice one , where would i get a stopcock key from,and new stopcock would you recomened B & Q . :D

SO WHERE WOULD YOU reccomend after you've stopped coughing :mad: [/b]

you'll need to know what type of key your outside stopcock is.
some are square some are like a normal stopcock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back