Draining Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to drain the heat tank situated at the bottom of my floor mounted boiler, there is a drain outlet however there doesn't seem to be a valve to open that would release water. There is just a plastic fitting that I could attach a hose pipe to with a brass nut directly behind.

Has anyone any ideas how to release the water

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi - I have the same issue and I am worried about breaking the plastic - so basically I need to undo the plastic spigot, not the brass nut? That being the case, any suggestion of the best way of doing it? Thanjs very much.

Sponsored Links
looking at vintage threads where the poster has not returned could have resulted in a no problem job or its all gone tit's up. Who knows.

Maybe start a new thread (y) and post more information like what is your repair destination. please consider the initial post date and the fact the boiler is now rather ancient but not a bad boiler when professionally maintained (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back