Drainpipes in conservation area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a flat in a conservation area. The other freeholders and I are looking at installing a new drainpipe as we don't currently have one servicing the building (it's a terrace and goes to our neighbours, but as a result we are getting water coming over the front of the building as the guttering doesn't have the capacity to take all the rainwater from the roof)

Does anyone know what information needs to be included on the planning application with regards to the downpipe?

I'm assuming the following
-Width
-Material
Sponsored Links
Have you contacted the local planning authority for their view as to whether planning permission is in fact required?

Blup

Hello,

I have a flat in a conservation area. The other freeholders and I are looking at installing a new drainpipe as we don't currently have one servicing the building (it's a terrace and goes to our neighbours, but as a result we are getting water coming over the front of the building as the guttering doesn't have the capacity to take all the rainwater from the roof)

Does anyone know what information needs to be included on the planning application with regards to the downpipe?

I'm assuming the following
-Width
-Material
That should be fine. Check your LPA’s validation requirements too as some do carry. If the LPA require any further information, they will request it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back