drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there. looking at my plans my architect has my new toilet foul waste run going through the new foundations of the new single storey exstension and into the manhole at the exsterior of the new build. it all seems a bit mad when the main sewer run is running through the centre of the newbuild two meters from the new toilet,surely i can lock on to it there with the right fiitings rather than the new 6meter run to the outside and through the foundations into the manhole :?:

Sponsored Links
If you join into the pipework under the foundations you won't have access to the junction.
Joining at the outside manhole you'll have access to both lots of pipework if it needs rodding etc.

Are you willing to spend the extra installing a sealed inspection chamber indoors where your new new drains meet the existing ones, and put up with the mess and disruption from removing the floor covering, plus possible escaping 'effluent' if you need to rod out a blockage, or do you think it would be better off keeping all those bits, and any mess, outside in the garden?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back