Draught Proof Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would like to draught proof my council house windows from the inside, there double glazed open outwards, and you can turn them all the way to clean them, I'm thinking about just getting the standard P shaped stripping comes double and sticky back.

However the size seems pretty the same for all these general draught proofers, and you just cut to size, the side of the window gap from a rough estimate is 10mm probably, so a 9mm width strip would fit in no problem, however the top and bottom is 4mm, so the 9mm won't fit, so is it a case of having to trim the width in order for it to fit, which would probably be quite tricky, and may take away it's effectiveness, as I say all these strips seem to come in standard sizes, so doesn't seem like you can always get one to fit spot on, any advice appreciated,Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
what are the windows -are you sure you cant adjust them so they arent draughty

what sort of windows are they

what are the windows -are you sure you cant adjust them so they arent draughty

what sort of windows are they
Hi not really sure, fitted by council a few years back, what's best way to find out type, can send a pic if you like, just thought strips would help cause pretty draughty,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back