Draught through bead mitre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Recently had some double French doors installed and I’ve noticed in the corner where the beads meet there is a gap. And, through this gap is coming a very strong draught - I’ve tried sealing the vents to see whether or not the draught was travelling through the door from the top to the bottom (very unlikely I know).

Frame outside looks like it’s sealed properly and all the joints on the external fascia also look solid. What could be causing this?

Attachments

• IMG_0366.png
    IMG_0366.png
    1 MB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
How recently? That's rubbish manufacturing get them back to sort it out.

10 months ago - however, found out that despite been FENSA registered and offering a Home Pro insurance back guarantee, the doors haven’t been registered. They’re Crayton Branded, which I thought were good.

Never heard of Crayton tbh - not a profile manufacturer to my knowledge so can't comment If they are good or not. What may have happened is that the beads are in the wrong place. Either get the installer back or if you are diy confident , swap the left and right bead over and see if the joint is any better.

Sponsored Links
Just to add , is it actually a draft? , because in theory the glass unit should still be pushed tight against the external rubber seal creating an airtight seal on the outer edge

It’s is blowing through strong enough to move the curtains.

Definetly coming in that gap in the bead? Or elsewhere round the door frame

If there's a draught definitely blowing out of that mitre and that is a shocking mitre joint then it could be blowing through the frame drainage then into the door drainage glazing channel and out or in through the bead mitre, as a test open the door and tape up the drainage slots under the door to see if that helps

Definitely coming through the mitre on the beats. I’ll tap over the drainage holes and see if it makes a difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back