Drayton 3 port valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

So as many have, I have an issue with my Drayton 3 port valve.
The heating is not coming on unless I do it off the actuator manually.
If I turn hot water off and heating off and then put the hot on first then the heating it works.
I have a Drayton digistat and the receiver flashes if I turn up the temp so I’m geussing this is communicating ok. Once hot water is up to temperature the valve shuts off but does then not move to heating and at this point only works when I move the actuator manually. I had a spare 3 way valve body so swapped this but it hasn’t fixed the body. Would you say this was now the actuator at fault?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that if you put HW and Heat on together then you get both HW and Heat?.

So I’ve just switched hot and heating off at the control panel in the airing cupboard. I put hot water on first pump etc clicks on, I’ve then also turned on the heating and got someone to turn the thermostat up. I then turn off the call for hot water and all turns off and the heating is not coming on. If I then manually move the switch on the actuator the heating will then come on. Heating will then work for the evening. In the morning same again heating won’t come on until I do it manually. Hot is always fine

Can you try it this way, put both HW and heating on, ensure both are calling for heat, ie cylinder stat turned up temporarily and romstat (thermostat) turned up, see then if the heating turns on, (as well as the HW).

Then just turn the HW cylinder stat to minimum but do not switch off the HW, see if the heating stays on.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Seems like it’s not motoring over all the way to heating, so yes, likely actuator at fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back