Drayton controls - water ok, but no heating

Controller is Drayton LP522. There are settings both water and central heating to be run independently of one another, including timers for each, so the above would be massively surprising if true.
I'm not seeing gravity mode of any kind. I've also turned on the CH with the water ( so the boiler fires up) but the heating is not working
The gravity setting would be on the rear of the LP522 - jumper pins iirc.

Sponsored Links
The gravity setting would be on the rear of the LP522 - jumper pins iirc.
Okay, thanks but that being said the controller definitely offers the hot water and heating to be turned on independently of one another. Plus I have turned the CH on with the heating and made no difference

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The controller may offer those alternatives but you are limited to how your system works.
The thermal store has to be heated up before the heating (or water) will work, this may take over an hour.
If it has been heated up and you are getting hot water but still not getting any heating then the heating pump may have failed.
You have got 2 pumps, looking at your picture the one on the right heats up the store and should run (and the boiler fire up) when hot water is selected on your clock.
The one on the left should run when heating is selected (so long as the thermostat is turned up)

wow, really interesting. Will try the hot water now and see if the heating and rads work after an hour or so. if thats the case, then not ideal but meh we will be going for a newer system soon anyway

will report back

Sponsored Links
Well well well you were right!! Turned both on and left for longer and now have heating! All rads are happy. Strange system but hopefully replace sooner than later.
Really really appreciate the help. The wife is very happy even though I've told her it's not cold enough yet

@Johnmdc - the thermal heat store we have has 3 speed settings on the two pumps. Currently set to level 2. Do you happen to know if lowering to 1 will have a big impact on the system? Says on the label it will use 40w less for level 1 and it's a relatively small house 3 bed with 10 rads.

In an electrician, I just wire them up. But I would just try it and see how you go on. It might take longer to heat up though.

In an electrician, I just wire them up. But I would just try it and see how you go on. It might take longer to heat up though.
Thanks and np I'm going to leave it alone in case it upsets the system. Working fine other than part of a pipe vibrating against a floorboard.

Tempted to keep the system for a bit longer and replace next year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back